Tuesday, April 11, 2017

TRiO / Student Support Services - Apply Now!

Are you a Green River student who is a resident of the United States and is interested in transferring to a four-year college after finishing your GRC degree? If you meet the program requirements, there is space available in this special, free to you program that provides assistance in applying, transferring, and completing your classes successfully!

Why TRiO?

TRiO is a federal grant-funded program designed to help student transfer to four-year universities and be more successful in college. The specialized services TRiO students have available include: 

  • Personalized academic, help with scholarship applications & financial planning to graduate and transfer earlier!
  • Sponsored field trips to 4-year colleges/universities!
  • Get individual, drop-in tutoring for core classes! (Math, English, select Sciences, Spanish etc..)
  • Build a home at GRC, friends for life & much more!

Who is Eligible for TRIO?

Must be a Green River student who is:

  • A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
  • Working toward your first associate's degree
  • Pursuing a transfer degree with intent to transfer to a 4 year school after GRC graduation
  • Currently enrolled in 10 or more credits (at least 5 at college level)
You must also meet at least ONE of the following criteria to apply:

  • First generation in your family to attend college
  • Meet federal low income guidelines
  • Have a documented disability

How can I apply for TRiO?

No comments:

Post a Comment